| || |
| || || |
Without data it is impossible to derive measures of progress, quality, speed of delivery or cost. Without measurement it is impossible to manage any non-trivial piece of work. Without historical data it is also very difficult to derive any meaningful estimates for future work.
GIFPA can provide a range of data collection services and consultancy including:
- One off data collections to provide input to exercises such as benchmarking, performance measurement or supplier selection
- On-going data collection as part of a measurement programme or performance improvement programme
- Setting up, consultancy to and quality assurance of an internal data collection function.
Our Data Collection services cover:
- Discovering data through interview with stakeholders and practitioners
- Extracting data from documentation, software tools and design artefacts
- Document Discovery.
Typical raw data collected includes:
- Design artefacts for Functional Sizing
- Time records - duration and effort
- Staffing profiles - effort by job function over time
- Defect history - classification of defects by severity and collation by time
- Technical profiles so that both like and unlike technologies can be compared
- Costs - staffing, facilities, capital, etc.
- Estimates and Plans
All Trademarks Acknowledged